Fiberglass Structural Engineering
The fiberglass tank packaged system must be structurally designed to withstand the conditions of the application. For underground applications, conditions such as ground water, traffic loads, or site constraints can create extremely challenging conditions. With every fiberglass tank there are three main components on the engineering side of the project.
Structural Calculations including finite element calculations for sidewall, bottom, and top load conditions.
Buoyancy Calculations are also inclusive for any wet well design, based on confirmed field conditions or assumptions of flooded conditions to finish grade, without the use of added field concrete for structural support of the bottom.
Full Submittal Package including detailed and scaled drawings of the fiberglass tanks and all components.
Corrosion Resistant Materials
Other wet well manufacturers may claim a truly corrosive resistant “Fiberglass” structure, but then incorporate wood components, sand, and other fillers into the finished product to cut corners and save cost. Our tanks are 100% resin, fiberglass, structural foam composites, and stainless steel components.
- Vinyl Ester Resins
- NSF 61 Certification Resins
- FDA Food Grade Resins
- Fire Retardant Resins
- Custom Color Resins
- High Temperature Resins
Kit-Up Components Options
- SST 304/316, SCH 10, 40 or 80 Piping Systems
- HDPE & PVC Pipe Systems
- Epoxy Coated & Cement Lined Ductile Iron Pipe Systems
- SST Angle Braces and Hardware
- PVC or SS Stilling Wells
- Fiberglass Drop Inlets Structures
- Lift Station Packages
- Storm Water
- Potable Drinking Water
- Waste Water Treatment Plants
- Wet Well Rehabilitation Inserts
- Concrete & Steel Wet Wells Rehab
- Dry Pit / Wet Pit Conversions
Markets We Serve
- Food Processing
- 4′, 6′, 8′, 10′, 12′
Kit Up & Fabrication Services
Fiberglass Tank Solutions is a systems integrator and a packaged solution provider. Each wet well is custom, requiring different piping systems, access covers, inlet connections, rails, and other specifically detailed components to match and mate to a customer’s supplied pump and control system. We are able to provide a full arrangement of options for kit up in these systems due to our thorough understanding of components and how they relate to one another in the finished system.
These systems can include, the following;
- Access Covers with Safety Grates
- SS Rails & SS Trim
- Fusion Bonded HDPE Piping Systems
- Epoxy Coated Ductile Iron Piping Systems
- SS Pipe Packages Sch. 10, 40, or 80, 304, or 316
- 100% Watertight Inlet Hubs
- Plug, Gate, Checks, Gauges, A/R Valves
- Emergency Pump Out Connections